Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Creative wheels are turning...

It's too bad that there are so many road blocks. My machine is sick again. The kids keep getting sick, which means I keep getting sick. And even though I have my next pattern completely designed and written up, the fabric that I MUST have isn't available in the stores yet. I also have another pattern spinning round and round, but I really want to do the other one first.



Now, in my hurry to post the Autumn Dance pattern, I completely forgot to mention that at least half of the amazing fabrics used in the cover quilt were loving hand-dyed by Jill Eugena of Color Me Wyrd. All of her fabrics are one-of-a-kind works of art!



While I am anxious to get moving on those other patterns, I do have plenty going on to keep myself busy. I'm participating in a mystery quilt at my guild...15 light FQs and 15 med to dark half-yards. I just now have my fabrics picked out. It was especially difficult for me, as I was determined to only use stuff from my stash. Now, I'm a bit behind as I haven't cut the fabrics yet and we are already into the first stage of sewing.



Shelby Sue, the new puppy, is also keeping me on my toes. Yes, she has a middle name. She is into so much mischief that a middle name was warranted.



I also haven't posted my center block from my Ostrich Challenge, so here it is. I have an idea of what I want to do for the first round, but it is going to be difficult. So, I'm procrastinating on it. The thing is, if I make a mistake, there will be not be any way to fix it.



Need to go now...the Halloween decorations are calling my name...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ok, Kimberly --- time to get productive, lol! Get that ostrich out of the way (it'll probably take you all of one afternoon - a workday at the most) and then onto the next pattern. You're just gonna have to wait for that fabric for the next quilt, so go ahead and start designing the following one. If you've got it in your head, you may as well start drawing it up!

Good luck!!! Off to put my ostrich elephants on point....